Sunday, July 15, 2012

Should I study Public Health in undergrad level


Should I study Public Health in undergrad level?
I'm from bangladesh and i have been accepted at temple university where i want to study public health at the undergraduate level. Then later on i wanna do masters in public health. So i wanted to know whether it would be wise to study public health at undergraduate level because some people say that its better to do major in a different subject and then do masters in public health. Also by studying PH at undergrad do people get jobs? I'm really confused cuz i really wanna study this subject. Someone plz help me!!
Other - Education - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
In the US, it is hard to get a public health job without the masters degree. Undergrad public health is fine, but really, you should broaden your horizons and save the public health studies for graduate school. I studied molecular cell biology as an undergraduate. Then I earned my MPH in epidemiology and biostatistics. Perhaps you should consider some other biomedical field for udergrad? Microbiology is great if you want to do pulib health lab work (infectious diseases and so forth). Or maybe something in public policy so you can learn about legal and civic applications of public health.

0 comments:

Post a Comment