Monday, August 15, 2011

What education do I need to become a Public Health Nurse


What education do I need to become a Public Health Nurse?
I have always been interested in this field. I am currently in college studying mass communications and would love to get my masters in public health. What qualifications do I need to get a job in this field? I would appreciate detailed information!
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
You will need to become a registered nurse first (RN). If you want to work in public health for a governmental agency you will need a bachelors in nursing (BSN). Most universities offer an accelerated program for students who have a bachelor's in another field. You may also want to consider becoming an advanced practice nurse which requires a Masters (MSN). The university I attend has a dual major in public health and nursing you may want to look at to give you some ideas. Here is a link to the page at the Univ. of South Florida in Tampa http://health.usf.edu/nocms/nursing/Programs_of_Study/mshealth.html Hope this helps - Michael

0 comments:

Post a Comment