Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What kind of jobs do people with a Masters in Public Health have


What kind of jobs do people with a Masters in Public Health have?

Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Beaurocrats in the health care system


2
I'm an infectious disease epidemiologist. I have a MPH from USC (So Cal, not South Carolina). When I was studying public health, I chose to specialize in epidemiology and biostatistics. This is a specialty offered by most graduate programs in public health. I investigate disease outbreaks and run disease surveillance. My areas of research are parasites and enteric diseases. This involved a lot of statistics and interviewing people over the phone. In my office we also have health educators, medical epidemiologists (MDs who got additional eduction in public health) and public health nurses. My colleagues work in a variety of fields. Some do research at various universities. Some work in biotech. Some work in public health policy for local and federal government agencies. Some work for health care agencies like Kaiser Permanente. And others abandoned ship and do things unrelated to public health.

0 comments:

Post a Comment