Tuesday, May 22, 2012

How easy is it to get a job with a masters in public health


How easy is it to get a job with a masters in public health?
Where can one work and how much money does one make?
Higher Education (University +) - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
very


2
for my sister-in-law, apparently much easier than getting the master's (I think she's still not finished after 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 years)


3
I think it depends on where you want to live and what kind of job you want to do. At my last job, there were a lot of people with MPHs. It was a contract research organization and most of our contracts were with the government. The positions held by MPH degree holders included data managers, protocol monitors, and project managers (clinical research associates). I'm not sure what the starting salary was, but I'm guessing maybe $50-55k a year. The thing is, many of the people with the masters degrees were doing the same exact work as somebody with a bachelor's degree. Supposedly if you already have a clinical degree (i.e., MD or BSN) you are much more marketable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment